A good SEO ranking OR improve SEO ranking is imperative for business growth. It significantly affects the traffic of a website and its online visibility. When your website ranks on top of the search engine results pages (SERPs), it has more chances to acquire organic traffic from visitors looking for relevant key phrases. This traffic boost results in greater engagement and conversions.
However, improving your SEO ranking isn’t a cakewalk. Doing so successfully needs a blend of strategies and tactics. You can follow numerous things and practices to rank on the first page of Google. To simplify your work, we have listed some proven ways to improve your organic traffic and get to the top of the search engine results pages.
1. Conduct a Thorough Keyword Research
Deep keyword research is critical for climbing the top spot on the search engine results page. As a best practice, identify high-volume keywords that your target audience is utilizing to search for services or products similar to yours.
When you can find these keywords, you can understand the search behavior of your audience. Then you can pull them to your website by creating content enriched with these keywords.
Ensure that your content also fulfills the needs and interests of the searchers. Keyword research will also help you find relevant keywords that are less competitive. These present a wonderful opportunity for your website to rank higher.
2. Create High-quality Content Optimized with Keywords
The next step to ranking better on Google is to develop valuable content with strategic placement of keywords. Include the target keywords throughout your content. These should especially be a part of the page title, header tags, and Meta description.
Use subheadings, bullet points, and photos to make the content more readable. Write clearly and concisely so your target audience has no problems understanding it.
Create content as per the user intent. For example, write content for those looking for information or wanting to buy something different. Do not forget to link the relevant pages on your website through anchor text using the target keyword. This will make your content more relevant and boost its search engine ranking.
3. Focus on Creating Quality Backlinks
Backlinks or inbound links are links from one website to another. They are essentially votes of confidence to a site. Backlinks from reputable and relevant websites indicate quality and relevance in Google’s eyes. Search engines use complex algorithms to find out the authoritativeness of websites. For doing so, backlinks are essential.
A greater number of high-quality backlinks enables a website to rank better in search engine results pages (SERPs). You must try to develop relevant links to showcase your expertise in your niche to search engines.
4. Create Content by Understanding Your Target Audience
Improving a website’s ranking on Google is in large part, influenced by the kind of content you create. You must possess a deep understanding of your target audience, their needs, and interests to create relevant content. Well-researched and informative content in different forms on your website will make it rank higher.
Do not stuff the content with excessive keywords. Choose a few relevant ones and place them strategically into your content. A website with such engaging content that is according to the target audience’s needs will experience an improvement in its ranking.
5. Provide the Best User Experience
User experience (UX) is crucial in determining the ranking of a website on the search engine. Major search engines like Google and Bing have announced that they give a lot of focus to imparting the best user experience.
Some benefits of improving UX and, consequently, boosting your search engine rankings include the following.
- Lesser bounce rates – Good user experience engages visitors and prevents them from leaving a website after a single visit.
- Better engagement – When your target audience spends a considerable amount of time on your website, it makes search engines understand that it has high-quality content. Increased engagement positively influences metrics like click-through rates, pages-per-session, and time on page. These affect a website’s search engine ranking considerably.
- Better user satisfaction – A website imparting a good user experience satisfies the visitors. They can look for the products or services they need easily and interact with the brand more.
6. Keep updating website content
Updating website content is one technique that will never let your website’s ranking go down. By publishing relevant and fresh content, you indicate to the search engine that you are providing value to the visitors. It also signals that your website is active.
Keep conducting keyword research and use the new words or phrases in the new content. There’s no need to rewrite blogs entirely. Just adding a few paragraphs with relevant keywords at the right places will boost the visibility of your content.
You should also check whether the content has enough non-text materials like videos or images. If not, add some to make it visually appealing.
7. Follow the Best Technical SEO Practices
Technical SEO is crucial to achieving a good search engine ranking. It is a broad area that encompasses many things. Use these best practices for optimizing your website.
- Optimize for mobile – Your website should have a responsive design. Don’t forget to test it on different mobile devices to make it fully mobile-friendly.
- Increase the site speed – Reduce loading time to enhance the user experience. To increase site speed, use caching and optimize images.
- Optimize titles and Meta descriptions – These tags give the search engine information about your site. So, use relevant keywords in them to attract your target audience.
- Implement schema markup – Schema markup enables Google to comprehend your website content. Implement this structured data format to boost the visibility of your business website on the web.
Gain Higher Search Engine Rankings
Consistently ranking higher on search engines increases organic traffic and promotes business growth. Search engines keep shifting website rankings based on their relevancy. Use these foolproof strategies to optimize your website with the right keywords to never lose its top spot. Contact our MyLearningCourse experts to know more about SEO ranking.