Ask any student in class 12 what they plan to do next, and you will find yourself staring at a confused face. This confusion does not stem from being ambitionless. It arises because students hardly know the right steps to take. Choosing career options after class 12 is the first step in building a long-term career. This is undoubtedly stressful for young people. However, armed with the right knowledge, students can choose a course that fits their interests and passion.
There are various courses, such as certificates, diplomas, and degree courses. The situation can feel overwhelming. Our best advice is to pursue a course that inspires you to excel. Keep reading to find out the various options you can explore after class 12.
1. Select an Undergraduate Course According to Your Stream/Subject
If you have been performing well in your particular stream, we would recommend you explore it further. Enroll in a course for your specific subject, such as arts, commerce, and science, to enhance your knowledge. This will make you a great professional in your discipline.
Here are the courses students from different streams can opt for.
Undergraduate courses for science students
Science students have many options for an undergraduate course after class 12. If you have a technical bent of mind, opt for engineering courses. Others can choose from the following:
- B.Tech – This is ideal for students wanting to become automobile engineers, aerospace engineers, mechanical engineers, civil engineers, or software engineers.
- B.Arch – This degree course in architecture gives you knowledge of building construction. To gain admission into a recognized college, you must pass the National Aptitude Test in Architecture.
- BCA – BCA or Bachelor of Computer Application is a four-year program. If you want to go deeper into the digital and data-driven world and are inclined towards programming languages and mathematics, opt for this course.
- MBBS – MBBS or Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery prepares you to become a doctor surgeon. You can pursue the course from a college approved by the medical council of India. The course offers plenty of specializations and the ability to research and uncover pioneering treatment options.
- B.Pharma – Bachelor in Pharmacy is another good option for those studying Biology in class 12. The course gears you to become a practicing chemist.
Some of the hot career options for science students that have emerged in recent years include the following:
- Data Science
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Mechatronics Engineering
Undergraduate courses for arts students
Humanities or arts is another popular stream in class 12. There are also various undergraduate courses available that offer many good career opportunities. Here are some of the most popular programs to enroll in.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts
- BA in Humanities and Social Sciences
- BA in Arts
- Bachelor of Mass Media
- Bachelor of Design or BDesign
- Bachelor of Journalism
- BSc in design
- BA LLB
- BA in animation
- Bachelor of Mass Media
- BA in Hospitality & Travel
- B.Com in Accounting and Commerce
- BCA (IT and software)
- BBA LLB
Undergraduate courses for commerce students
A huge number of students every year take up the commerce stream. Currently, there’s an intense demand for these courses as they offer some exciting career options. Students can go into different domains, from finance to accounting, auditing, and taxation.
Below are some popular courses that students can enroll into as per their interests.
- BA (Hons.) Business Economics
- B.Com (Hons.)
- BCA (Bachelor of computer applications)
- BA Economics
- B.Com (with specialization in business economics)
- B.Com (Pass)
- BAF (Bachelor of Accounting and Finance)
- BBA (Bachelor of business administration)
- BBI (Bachelor in banking and insurance)
- BFM (Bachelor of financial markets)
- B.Sc (H) Statistics
- ICWAI (Institute of Cost and Works Accountants in India)
- BA (Hons.) English
- Bachelor of Business Studies
2. Pursue Higher Education in a New Stream
A lot of students in class 12 do not feel satisfied with what they are currently studying. If you, too, feel like that, it is wise not to continue with your current course. Switch to a different stream according to your aptitude and personal interests.
However, be very sure if you want to change your stream. This is because you may need to crack various entrance examinations to enter into another course. If you don’t have a strong inclination for a different area of study, don’t make the switch.
3. Go Abroad After Class 12
Many students ask, Can I study in the US after class 12? The answer is a big yes. There are various options to choose from for associate’s and bachelor’s degrees in the US. However, you must answer some key questions before deciding to study in the US.
- Do you and your parents think that you are mature enough to stay alone in the US at the age of 18? If not, there’s a need to make provisions for adult supervision and family support.
- Does your family have enough funds to support your education in the US?
- Do you have enough knowledge of student loans and financial aid for students opting to study in the US?
4. Go for Diploma Courses after Class 12
Different students have different situations. Some may face the constraints of money and time more severely than others. It makes them less suitable candidates for higher education courses.
For these students, diploma courses are a better option as they are industry-oriented and less time-consuming. Here’s a list of some best diploma courses.
- Diploma in Computer Applications/Computer Engineering
- Diploma in Physiotherapy
- Diploma in Nursing
- Diploma in Nutrition & Dietetics
- One-year diploma in Banking and Finance
- Six months to one-year diploma in Business
- One-year Diploma in Foreign Trade
- One-year Diploma in Event Management
- Six months to two-year Diploma in Fashion Designing
- Diploma in Foreign Languages
Some questions to ask yourself after class 12
When class 12 nears an end, students often feel panicked. This is natural because, during this time, the decisions you make set the tone of your professional life. You will benefit from asking yourself these questions to find a relevant course.
- Does this course appeals to me, or am I choosing it because of my friends?
- Do I want to pursue this course now or later?
- Will I get good pay packages after pursuing this course?
- Does the entry into this course need me to appear in any entrance exam?
- Will my campus assist me in placement?
How Does My Learning Course Help Students after Class 12?
If you are fresh out of class 12 and are looking for ways to upskill yourself, enroll with My Learning Course. The leading educational organization provides different hands-on experiences in digital marketing, web development and design, data science, and Java.
The institute does offer not only theoretical knowledge but also hands-on learning and placement assistance. Students can get personalized live learning from the best minds in the industry. Some crucial ways in which the courses help you include the following:
- Flexible training modules according to student requirements
- Training and internship programs to help students get the best results.
- Industry-approved professional certification post-course completion.
Indeed, deciding what to do after class 12 can feel nerve-wracking. But rest assured that there is something for everyone out there. You only need to gain clarity over your skills and interests. If you want more assistance or desire to upskill yourself quickly, connect with My Learning Course.